quesAs is where is auction

I purchased a vehicle from Abkaari Vibhag in open auction on as is where is basis. In newspaper they said it is Octavia Car and hence I bid for it. I paid full money for it.

Vehicle was on fake number and turned out to be a Hyundai Accent car. I refused to take the car from them and demanded my money back. They refused and hence I lodged a case against them in consumer court.

What is your suggestion ? Will they give us money back or as is where is entitles them to sell anything in name of octavia?

  • ans

    Along with a consumer case you can also pursue with criminal litigation against them.

    Secondly assuming it was an open auction there would be a notice inviting bids for the same. The contents of the notice shall determine the strength of your consumer case.

    Rest ensure that your case is represented well in the consumer forum because the representation of the case in the right manner is very important.

    Sometimes the minutest of details ignored / or not paid heed by all can change the whole gameplan.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Consumer Court lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have purchased a jacket in monte carlo show room on7/02/17 in sale offer .Next…
Hi ,My Flat possession was suppose to be given on June 2016 ,however builder delayed…
Would like to know how to approach builder for delay charges. how to enforce RERA…

I am deciding on a flat,.the apartment is ready to move in and has already…

Consumer Court Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly