Amount per square yard being raised by builder after 4 months

I booked a residential plot in a HMDA approved layout in Dec 2017 from a registered real estate company in hyderabad by issuing Account payee cheque for Rs.20,000 as advance and got receipt for the same duly mentioning the Plot No., Name of the venture etc. and on my request it was mentioned on the reverse of the receipt that the amount will be refunded if any problem in the layout and rate per sq.yard as @Rs.4000/- but no time schedule was mentioned. The cheque was realised by them. At the time of booking of the plot they said that their project is getting Bank approval soon and bank loan can be availed but and after getting bank approval after 4 months of my booking they say the rates have gone up and you have to pay Rs.4,500/- per sq.yard instead of Rs.4000/- else take back your advance as you have delayed 4 months in getting registration. Please advise me how to proceed further to get the plot registered in my name with the agreement amount of Rs.4000/-.

Answers (1)

255 votes

First of all when you paid an amount of Rs. 20,000/- in advance and agreed to purchase the plot, there should be an agreement of sale which is a legal document required. If you have agreed and there is a contract between you and the real estate company through documents like agreement of sale, then you can approach legally and force him to register on the agreed amount between both of you, or else you should mention clearly what all more documents you have based on that a lawyer can suggest you how to proceed legally and sue the real estate company.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles