Am I being mislead by lawyers?

District court passed judgement in my favour. appealed in state cons. forum.CAMP lawyers approached for mediation.They stated if there is no agrmnt the case can be remanded to district court again.But case is nt closed in district court as yet.Hw is it possible for case to go to district court n b4 another judge when case is still open.Are  lawyers misleading me.

Answers (5)

136 votes

Is there any stay of lower court order? If You have filed execution petition in the Lower court, you can proceed with that, it is also treated as criminal case. For that you discuss with your advocate and take necessary steps to execute the order

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

204 votes

kindly let me know the details of your case and the .since you are telling that it is before the state forum then you have to wait until proceeding is completed. after the verdict of the case only you have to take and at present if you are not interested with the judge then make an affidavit before him by giving reason for transfer of the case to the some other consumer court and get your relief.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
74 votes

If the state forum feels that opposite party has not given sufficient opportunity before the district court, it can remand the case to district forum. And district court can again conduct proceedings.

153 votes

No. As you told the case was referred to mediation. The mediation is a process where mediator try to settle the matter amicably. There will be no arguments in the case and in the mediation the appearance of the parties are not mandatory. If the matter is not settled the came will be refer back to court for further proceedings.

it can be refereed to other court when there is regular judge is on leave. Please search the case status in the E Court web site.

285 votes

It must be District Forum you are referring to, instead of District Court. Anyway, one the case went for appeal in State Commission and referred to mediation, the case goes back to State Commission and not before another judge of District court. go back to State Commission and continue

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles