Airtel providing poor internet service, legal ways to claim for losses

I have been facing poor internet connectivity from airtel at my home since May this year. The internet used to work prior to that, and suddenly the connectivity became poor. I informed them through calls, emails, but they always said please give us few days time, and we will resolve this issue. I am working as a software professional, and due to this, it has caused us a lot of trouble for the last so many months in doing our work.I still made the bill payment for May, and told them that I won't make any other payment till the issue is resolved, as I can't access internet. They agreed on the no services no payments rule at that time.I even included their Nodal officer for the state and then the Appellate in the emails.There are two issues that I would like to bring your attention to: Poor service being offered without prior intimiation Asking for payments when services not provided I have email proofs of all conversations.Can you please suggest the legal route to claim business losses

Answers (2)

58 votes


First of all, send a legal notice to the service provider through a lawyer demanding payment for the loss of business explaining them how you have suffered losses because of their activities. If they come to the terms and make good the losses suffered by you, good, else, file a complaint in the jurisdictional consumer court and claim the amount of business losses along with interest amount from the date of filing of the complaint till the date of disposal of the complaint. Apart from this, you can also claim compensation for the mental harassment you had to endure due to the pathetic service provided by the service provider.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

184 votes

you can recover the fee paid towards the internet connection and any miscellaneous fee paid if any and compensation for mental agony, pain and suffering due to poor internet, let me know what the volume loss incurred by you

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles