After taking full fees, lawyer refused to work. What can I do?

After taking full fee in advance for succession certificate from court, lawyer refused to work further arrogantly after the order of certificate from judge, says his work is over, but I still not received the succession certificate in my hands, was the work only limited up to the order from court ? I complained in writing about lawyer to local bar council as well as bar council of Maharashtra and Goa but the local court rejected the complaint saying it is false, I have sent the complaint with details to bar council of Maharashtra and Goa, bar council of India, law minister and chief minister of Maharashtra, central law minister, prime minister, president of India by registered post, stating the lawyer has not given any legal receipt against the fees received, how can I launch a complaint in consumer forum, also asked for fine to lawyer for arrogant behavior and incomplete work done. I also advised all to come up with compulsory legal receipt to clients by lawyers against accepted fees, still no reply from any department. Date on which I sent all the complaint is 22072015

Answers (1)

215 votes
You can file an affidavit in the court asking for your succession certificates.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles