What is the procedure of name change

I want to change my name. I live in Bulandshahr (UP). I have graduated from Panjab University in engineering. Do I have to change my name in all documents like 10th , 12th marksheet, B.E. degree in order to change my name in future institutes like company etc. Or giving an affidavit and a newspaper report would be enough?

Answers (1)

54 votes

Once you change your name in the future you would have to change the name in all your documents including your 10th 12th and University marksheet which can be done with the help of the newspaper clipping and affidavit.
Adv Pury

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles