What do you mean by decree is drawn up

The judgement is pronounced but the decree is drawn up . Explain

The question has been put in such a way as if somebody on the other end is taking a written test of the lawyers :) Anyways one must simply understand that a final decree always follows a judgment. In a judgment issues framed are considered on the basis of the materials and evidence on record as well as applicable laws and on the conclusion of consideration of such issues which are elaborately discussed in a judgment, the judge comes to a final decision on the merits of the case and pronounces his or her judgment by giving reasons thereof. But by virtue of our legal system, a judgment in itself is not executable and to execute a judgment a decree is drawn up in terms of the judgment. A decree only consists of the portion of the judgment to be executed and not the discussion and reasons on the basis of which the judgment was pronounced. And this is not the end of the story. To execute a decree one must file an execution suit within the prescribed limitation period as well :)

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur