Want to register the land after my parent's death

Hi My father had small piece off land for house in village Mahil Gaila Banga Namashahr which is in red line which i believe does not have to be regestered I want to regester this land on our names ihave got the measesurements and pictures can this be done i believe by Estam,my father and mother have passed in 2006 and 2009 please advise procedure and costs we are sikhs punjabi speaking living in uk

Answers (1)

After the death of your father, all the class 1 legal heirs are deemed to be inherited the same, unless there is any will in favour of any legal heir. As you have already inherited this property from his father, in such a situation no document of title can be registered in your favour. However you can transfer this property in favour of your childrens by way of registered document and that will be the document of title of this property. In these days the registration fees, stamp duty is waived in family transfer and very nominal charges will occur on the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate Madhuri Bakshi
Sector 16, Faridabad
4 years Experience

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I sold my bike 2 months back but the buyer did not change the ownership till now. I want to log a complaint in RTO regarding this. Please suggest how …

Read More

They are not want we build house my won land they submit a potion municiplaty,two times 144 potion and they have been said do not enter the land every…

Read More

There is a large trust in south india. NCLT Chennai bench removed all the directorson 18-11-16. but the Madras High Court partially stayed the NCLT or…

Read More

The property has not transferred of my mama ji Named. and someone Gave some money on 5% interest rate and They are forced for sing on all paper.…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue