Want to register the land after my parent's death

Hi My father had small piece off land for house in village Mahil Gaila Banga Namashahr which is in red line which i believe does not have to be regestered I want to regester this land on our names ihave got the measesurements and pictures can this be done i believe by Estam,my father and mother have passed in 2006 and 2009 please advise procedure and costs we are sikhs punjabi speaking living in uk

After the death of your father, all the class 1 legal heirs are deemed to be inherited the same, unless there is any will in favour of any legal heir. As you have already inherited this property from his father, in such a situation no document of title can be registered in your favour. However you can transfer this property in favour of your childrens by way of registered document and that will be the document of title of this property. In these days the registration fees, stamp duty is waived in family transfer and very nominal charges will occur on the same.

Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi