Punishment for false atrocity case filed by someone against me

In Civil Law
What is the punishment by court to the one who files false atrocity case against me?

Answers (3)

83 votes

You can file a counter complain about him for a false case and also you can file a defamation case u/s 500 of IPC. Punishment is simple imprisonment of 2 years or FIne or Both. It's a non-cognizable and Bailable offense.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

172 votes

Most of your remedy will lie under the Indian Penal code Sec191 onwards.However most of these require you to go through the proceedings in an atrocity case till evidence are recorded and such false evidences can be used against the complainant for you to get justice against false complaints.Depending on extent of the falsification and section applicable ,you can move court leading to punishment ranging from 3 to 7 years

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
14 years Experience
214 votes

It will amount in criminal case(atrocity case). prove before court of law it was false case.
2.which will amount to forgery.
3.defamation of respective person.
4.which will amount also to false execution by making false case by person. will amount criminal conspiracy also. Which is punishable by law of court.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles