Procedure to apply for legal heir certificate.

Already applied in tahsildar office but got rejected because m not living in the locality where my husband death took place..so after three months they are telling I need to apply where I shifted.

You need to approach the tehsil office of your area along with identity proof and address proof. There you will have to produce the death certificate of your husband along with an affidavit that you are the legal heir of your husband and also mention if there are other legal heirs too. After that they will take around 1 month to process the entire thing and then you will get the legal heir certificate.

Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi