Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Procedure for name change in all gov. documents

Dear Sir/Madam, Subject- Advice on Name correction/change case In our community we use both “Varma and “Kashyap” as surname. My brother’s name in all his documents is “Nil Sagar Varma”; we are four brothers and the remaining three of us have “Kashyap” as surname. Our father also has “Kashyap” as his surname in all his documents (Our Father’s Name- Keshab Nath Kashyap). Now my brother wants to correct this mistake and wants his name to be modified as: “Neelsagar Kashyap” instead of “Nil Sagar Varma”. Existing records in his documents: Name- Nil Sagar Varma Father’s Name- Keshav Nath Varma Modified records needed: Name- Neelsagar Kashyap Father’s Name- Keshab Nath Kashyap (Note the difference B and V in KESHAB) If there are too many complications in the above case he also agrees to keep his name as below (that is, opting for only replacing Varma with Kashyap and leaving other portion of the name as earlier): Name- Nil Sagar Kashyap Father’s Name- Keshav Nath Kashyap Please guide me

Answers (1)

The best way would be to give a public advertisement via two reputed newspaper that he is changing his name. Further you an get it changed in Aadhar and place an affidavit of name change at all the places.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

we have to file a civil case. The lawyer says we have to file a hefty court fees for this case. We are not in a position to file this amount as we are…

Read More

Sir i am from vadalur my father has 2 acre agricultural land and now it is in my fathers name and still he is alive and maintaining all his assests no…

Read More

My neighbours are bullying me. They are initiating fights and keeps on provoking me. They are creating trouble. They want me to leave. What action can…

Read More

Actually I gave 50000 rs for a laptop and my apple laptop for repair for which I gave 30000 to my friend and he told me he will return all my money ca…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue