Police verification rules for govt job

14-Jun-2024 (In Civil Law)
hi, mera chote bhai ki papa ki jagah MCD me job ke liye letter aya he, but us par hamare padosi ne ladki ched chad ki FIR kar di but do din baad compromise Ho gaya aur usne ek affidavit thane me jama kar diya, ab uska govt job ke liye police verification hona he kya ye clear Ho paayega police verification me. What are the police verification rules for govt job in India?, What are the documents required for police verification ?
Answers (5)

Answer #1
120 votes

Generally, for most government jobs in India, including jobs with Municipal Corporations like MCD, police verification is a mandatory requirement. Even if an individual has submitted an affidavit at the police station, it does not replace the requirement for police verification for a government job.

The police verification process involves verifying the candidate's personal, educational, and employment history, as well as checking for any criminal records or involvement in any criminal activity. This process helps to ensure the integrity and security of government jobs.

Therefore, it is likely that police verification would still be required for a government job with MCD in India, even if an individual has submitted an affidavit at the police station.

Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
981 votes
Although there should not be any problem in the verification process but i would suggest that you should go to high court for quashing of FIR....since it FIR has already been done. Same affidavit can be presented before the high court.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
521 votes
Police verification is a character certificate in which local police station verifies the status of the person whether involved in any crime mainly heinous crime and also gives report of pending, disposed off cases. And, in your matter the compromise has been taken place hence it is not any huge issue. Positive verification is subject to involvement in any other crime. But, according to your version, positive verification is very much possible.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
694 votes
Yes you can get a government job, provided the case is finished and no proceeding has been made against you in court, usually these are not counted if fine is given and you have a receipt of the same i hope of the amount you paid for rupees 130
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #5
907 votes
You do not need to disclose it as the fine was not of Criminal nature. As per government service rules you only have to disclose if there is any pending criminal proceeding or you have been convicted or fined by court in criminal proceeding.

This was only a petty fine something similar to a traffic challan and will not create any hurdle in future.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."