Neighbour infringes right of privacy through CCTV camera

I live in a housing society. My neighbor has installed CCTV Camera facing my house which lets him observe the front porch area of my house. He could have installed the cameras in other area for supervision of his own house but he is trying to pry in activities of various people coming to my house. I cant sit freely in my own porch because of it. Please advice. The camera is particularly angled to cover my front yard.

Answers (1)

Section 268 of the IPC covers such instances under a big umbrella of nuisance. Public nuisance.—A person is guilty of a public nuisance who does any act or is guilty of an illegal omission which causes any common injury, danger or annoyance to the public or to the people in general who dwell or occupy property in the vicinity, or which must necessarily cause injury, obstruction, danger or annoyance to persons who may have occasion to use any public right. A common nuisance is not excused on the ground that it causes some convenience or advantage.
File a complaint with the local police station. Let them take action. Along side, sent a legal notice to your neighbour stating that action will be taken against them if they do not remove the CCTV. If police fails to take action within reasonable time, proceed with a criminal case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi, I am married since 2016 Apr, sometimes in 2015 Mar I had an affair and miss x (who was divorced back then) got pregnant by me and left without any…

Read More

I m neena bawa. Some days before i come to know that my father who died on 6/1 2018 made a will on 1/1/2018. I n that will my father gave me any port…

Read More

I live in a government housing complex. A family in our community has pet dogs that are violent. The dogs have already caused harm to a boy in society…

Read More

Before 7yrs of service if an airmen is selected in group B post then can he get discharge from air force through armed forces tribunal?…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue