Neighbour infringes right of privacy through CCTV camera

I live in a housing society. My neighbor has installed CCTV Camera facing my house which lets him observe the front porch area of my house. He could have installed the cameras in other area for supervision of his own house but he is trying to pry in activities of various people coming to my house. I cant sit freely in my own porch because of it. Please advice. The camera is particularly angled to cover my front yard.

Section 268 of the IPC covers such instances under a big umbrella of nuisance. Public nuisance.—A person is guilty of a public nuisance who does any act or is guilty of an illegal omission which causes any common injury, danger or annoyance to the public or to the people in general who dwell or occupy property in the vicinity, or which must necessarily cause injury, obstruction, danger or annoyance to persons who may have occasion to use any public right. A common nuisance is not excused on the ground that it causes some convenience or advantage.
File a complaint with the local police station. Let them take action. Along side, sent a legal notice to your neighbour stating that action will be taken against them if they do not remove the CCTV. If police fails to take action within reasonable time, proceed with a criminal case.

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi