Measures against possible forced marriage by family

In Civil Law
24 yr old female ,Hindu family (postgrad,iitian,earning well) here. What can I do to ensure my family can't get me married forcefully? Is there any laws preventing that? (I know that the marriage won't be registered without my consent but it can easily be faked).

Answers (1)

201 votes

You can file a suit for injunction thereby restraining the defendants from getting your marriage forcefully. Moreover, you can file a case of domestic violence on account of emotional violence. For further consultancy and legal services you may contact us

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
14 years Experience
Advocate Vivek Sharma
Govindpuram, Ghaziabad
6 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles