Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Is there any limitation period to file application for final decree

Whether any Limitation is there to file Application to pass Final decree proceeding on preliminary decree of mortgage suit?

Answers (1)

Dear Sir,

It is a period of 3 years within which you have to file application for final decree from the date of preliminary decree.

Civil Procedure Code, 1908, Order 34 - Rule 15(2) -- Execution - Preliminary decree passed in a suit for mortgage cannot be executed without obtaining final decree.

Civil Procedure Code, 1908, Order 34 - Rule 15(2) -- Mortgage suit - O.34.R.15(2) CPC is a separate and independent clause meant to give speedy relief to decree holder who gets a charge for the first time under the decree as there is no question of any equity of redemption remaining with debtor in that situation.

Transfer of Property Act, 1882, Section 60 -- Mortgage - Redemption - Right of redemption of a mortgage should be kept alive beyond passing of final decree till even the appeal or other remedies against orders refusing to set aside sale are passed finally.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Sir,my form for prelims exam Kashmir Administrative Services was rejected for not having completed service of two years on 01/01/2016 by me as I am fi…

Read More

My grand fathers self acquired property sold out without concern of me when i was 17 years my father and his elder brothers sold property in 2004 . I …

Read More

Civil writ petition wp/691/2015 in Bombay high court against commissioner of kolhapur munciple corporation under mrtp act. To take a fast dicision on …

Read More

Hello Sir/Mam I Wanted Someone To Give Poa To Me which gave me power To Sign Some Document on his behalf, so i got a POA done on 10 rs stamp paper , n…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue