How to get no objection certificate for registry of marriage

Myself Arindam Mallick and I am an Indian (Hindu) from west bengal. Presently working in Bangladesh in an MNC (Export House-garment manufacturing) as Production Manager. I got married with a bangladeshi hindu girl 1.5 years ago and recently got a baby boy but still could not arrange to get the registry done as could not get "NOC" as do not have idea from where to get....need some guideline on this...

Answers (2)

325 votes

Mr. Mallick, at the very outset, you have not clarified whether you need to get your marriage registered in India or In Bangladesh. Assuming in India, you do not need any kind of NOC. You however need to approach a Marriage Registrar to get your marriage registered.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

213 votes

If one of the parties is a citizen of another country , the registrar may request a “no objection letter”from the Embassy or Consulate of that country, and also may request proof of termination of any previous marriages,before a marriage certificate will be issued.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles