How to deal with harassment by neighbor

In which branch of law , I can file a case if neighbor's AC is fitted at wrong place that is outside of his window grill and above my balcony, and how many times I would have to go court for this.

Answers (1)

99 votes

You don't have to go court for this issue. You can proceed under criminal law. Register a FIR against your neighbor for causing nuisance under section 268 of Indian Penal Code. Police will initiate action against your neighbor. Take the photographs of the AC you are talking about before lodging the complaint. That can come handy.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Dear Sir / Madam, My father(A) runs a tailoring business in a shop premises which is having a laundry business also run by someone else(B). Original t…

Read More

I successfully cleared JEE (Advanced) 2018 exam with All India Rank 682. I'm getting Metallurgy branch in IIT Roorkee But unfortunately this year&…

Read More

i its regarding our house we left some space outside our compound wall as it was not a straight line and planted some small plants in them our neighbo…

Read More

I got heavy lose in business and field IP companies and attended 2 hearings, can they able to file cheating case against me. If so how to tak bail on …

Read More