How to avoid regular passovers taken by the opposite party

The Petitioner and Respondent was present in first calling and case stands pass-over for petitioner argument. The Petitioner went for rest room and returned within 30 mins. In the meantime Respondent seeks Next date of hearing after 2 months in the presence of Petitioner. Kindly tell whether it is permissible and if not, what all the action to be taken by the petitioner in this instance. Thanking your

Request time is permissible. But 2 months is not permissible. At the most they will give 15 days. Unless otherwise whether they need some documents and for that they applied copy application in concern department that will help their case then the court accepts their version they will give 2 months time.

See if a passover was sought and the matter was put up for arguments after sometime then it was the duty of the petitioner to object if the respondent started seeking date after returning from passover. Now, if adjournment was sought and the court gave an adjournment in the presence of both the parties then the court or the other party is not at fault.

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur