How to avoid regular passovers taken by the opposite party

The Petitioner and Respondent was present in first calling and case stands pass-over for petitioner argument. The Petitioner went for rest room and returned within 30 mins. In the meantime Respondent seeks Next date of hearing after 2 months in the presence of Petitioner. Kindly tell whether it is permissible and if not, what all the action to be taken by the petitioner in this instance. Thanking your

Answers (2)

274 votes

Request time is permissible. But 2 months is not permissible. At the most they will give 15 days. Unless otherwise whether they need some documents and for that they applied copy application in concern department that will help their case then the court accepts their version they will give 2 months time.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

94 votes

See if a passover was sought and the matter was put up for arguments after sometime then it was the duty of the petitioner to object if the respondent started seeking date after returning from passover. Now, if adjournment was sought and the court gave an adjournment in the presence of both the parties then the court or the other party is not at fault.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hindu - After my father in law passed away, My husband's sister signed a release deed for 11 acres (Before 4 years) . Remaining 8 acres land is tr…

Read More

Sir, Can I do cultivation on canal side land which is myne but aquired by canal (irrigation department) Thanks…

Read More

Sir Maine 2 lakh rs apne kisi friend ko diye the 2016 year mein usne mere Ac mein kisi 3 rd party se 2 lacs rupees dalvaye through cheque.Now I have n…

Read More

a family beside my house performs every puja in their house by installing loud speakers which causes a lot of noise pollution in our area, how can i a…

Read More