How can I change my advocate in a civil matter?

Till date no judgement given in my case.. Can i change my advocate.. But case in the last position.. What should i do suggest

Answers (5)

300 votes

your query too short, so i not better advise you. what the reason court can not given judgement in your case. you not wrote in detail. you are totally free for change your advocate but you healthy talk your advocate and clarify your issues...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

321 votes

Yes, it is your legal right to change your Advocate at any state of Civil suit or trial.
In District and Sessions Court an Application for taking Vakaltnama(Power) on Record is to be field before the Court with the signatures of the Client and the newly engaged Advocate. However, a Vakalatnama(Power) duly signed by the Advocate previously engaged along with a N.O.C (Non Objection Certificate) given by the same Advocate is required which is then signed by the Advocate currently engaged by the Client with the signature of the Client as well followed by the same Application as mentioned before.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Vivek Sharma
Govindpuram, Ghaziabad
5 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
200 votes

you can change your advocate at any stage of case with the consent of advocate he will give you NOC then you can appoint new advocate but advocate only can legally proceed your matter judgement or order is not in advocate hand its court concern or if presiding officer think that your matters proceeding has been completed he will pass order

298 votes

hi, if your case is in last stage than what is the need to change your lawyer, if you are not satisfied with your lawyer any point of time you can change your lawyer by filling new vakalatnama in the concern court, but if your matter is pending in high court/ supreme court you would be requiring no objection certificate by the previous lawyer.

251 votes

There are several reasons in the court proceedings for delayed disposal of the case. No advocate can say that he get order on a fix period. You have said that your case is on last position. Whether you are not satisfied the work done by your advocate till now. If yes, you are always free to change your advocate at any stage. There is no bar.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles