High noise from wood shaping machine near my house

A wood shaping machine operating near my house at 10 mtr. distance produces very high noise above residential area limit. I have recorded the noise level for one year about 125 readings. I am a retired person with high BP. Please tell me the procedure 1) to get a stay order for the machine operation. 2) to get compensation to my mental stress and health related sufferings. Thank you.

the location of high noise generating units in a residential area is illegal. check if they have obtained consent from the pollution control board. if not... you can always move a application before the National Green Tribunal seeking to injunct the polluter and the high court can be approached in certain circumstances. You can also move your jurisdictional executive magistrate under sec 133 Cr.P.c to abate the nuisance caused by the noise. Hope it is helpful.

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi