Cheating with me against check book

In Civil Law
I have not received any money from anyone. Someone has filed a case against me. My check book was lost. A year ago, I had closed the entire series of check books. Someone has tried to take money by making a fake signature from the check book.

well, if you have already reported the entire matter regarding the loss of said cheques before the concerned police or Bank just immediately after the loss of said cheques & you have retained its receiving copy ,it will be your strong defensive evidence but otherwise else you must have to assail your case carefully.
Thanx.

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi