Can son claim share in property after attaining majority?

We bought a land from X (Who bought it out his own income) it was registered in his name and son name who was 9. They had bought the land when the son was 6 years old. Any court formalities were not done. The son is 16 years now. Can the son claim land when he becomes a major? Is the transaction void? Hindu.

Answers (1)

269 votes

Though there is discrepancy in the age of the son in your question, whatever may be the age of the son during the purchase of the land, as the land has been purchased in his name also i.e on his behalf represented by his father; he has got undivided 1/2 share in the property. He has every right to claim his share on his attaining majority.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles