Can secretary take action against me because I called police

Am a member of co-op. hsg soc. in Nallasopara Palghar. One day our flat did not get the regular supply of water, waterman refused to leave water without secratary permission, secretary was not available, other office members also could not contact, hence called police to intervene to which the secretary later took objection. Secondly last Holi out of 20 bikes only my bike was splashed with color powder, to which called treasurer who in turn explained the same to secretary, he shrugged saying it was holi and did not take heed, again called the police who informed the secretary for the footage. Now the seretary has called an EGM vide notice dt 11/3/18 to discuss action to be taken against me. Is it legal? He has also mentioned that he will charge Rs. 500/- as fine for non attendence of the meeting.

Answers (1)

148 votes

Nowadays office bearer of societies has started behaving very absurd and autocratic. They have stopped water is very fanatic and inhuman. They idealy can't charge for non attendance of EGM. And they have no jurisdiction to take action against you. They are elected member and are responsible for their action. In case they take action against you or any other member challenge it with registrar chs.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles