Can housing society increase charges without consultation of residents

my housing society has increased the maintenance charges from 1200 to 2000, they have verbally informed us but we don't agree to pay such a high amount. wanted to understand that if the society has not taken any signature from us ..for the agreed amount.. can they issue a notice to us. we are paying the previous amount of 1200/-

If youy are not agree or able to pay increased maintenance amount and if you feel that the new charges are not appropriate then inform society in writing by explaining reasons. If not satisfied then file a complaint at The Society Registrar

Hello,
This increment can be done through a society meeting with permission of all other members in the society.
Whether this increment of maintenance charge's resolution was passed and approved in Society General Body meeting?
and still if you are aggrieved by this discussion you can send a legal notice and challenge the same.
Thanks.

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow