Wife not allowing to speak to my son who is staying with my in laws

I m married and have a son 12 yrs old,my son stayed with my in-laws since childhood and now she doesn't allow to talk to my son and ask to claim him.pls help what should I do.

Answers (4)

294 votes


You can make an application under section 12 of Guardian&Wards Act 1890 and get visitation and interim custody.

Since, you have shared limited facts, this is the best solution to get interim custody/visitation rights for your child.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

179 votes

You may approach the court and contest for custody of the child, even if custody will not be given later, you will definitely get a fixed schedule to meet your son, twice or once a week. And that'll be helpful.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
126 votes

In such a case you have the option of filing for the custody of your son and seek visitation rights in the same petition. Court will order your wife to allow you to speak to your son, meet him, be involved in his education and other decisions. However, final advice depends on the entire facts of your case.

339 votes

Dear sir,
Father is the natural guardian of his children according to the Hindu Minority and guardianship Act. Therefore You are entitled to claim custody of your child. File a custody petition before the family court seeking his/her permanent custody.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles