Where can I file a change of child custody suit

In Child Custody Law
Divorced 5 yrs ago on mutually agreed terms. Physical custody of, now 11yr old, daughter is with my ex -wife. I am unhappy with the way my daughter is being raised and there is often frustration of my visiting rights. Want to know my legal options. Daughter was born in Hyderabad, Divorce was pronounced in district court Panchkula and the daughter is currently residing at Delhi with her mother. Where can a file a change of custody suit?

Answers (1)

213 votes

You can imitate the proceedings for change of custody of the child where the child is residing presently I.e. Within the jurisdiction of the concerned district in Delhi.
The non-negotiable principle on which custody is decided is the 'best interest and welfare of the child'. Who will best serve the child's emotional, educational, social and medical needs is the only criteria.

The court is parens patriae, the ultimate guardian of the child and her/his property and so minor's property/income is amply protected by law and terms of custody, access and child support can be altered in changed circumstances and/or in the interest of the child. It has to be 'the best interest of the child'.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles