Wants to apply for child custody as husband doing domestic violence

I have one son pf 1.5 years and one daughter of 9 years I am suffering from domestic violence I need to go home and file a case on husband but my in-laws are not allowing me to take my kids at maternal house pleas tell me is it allowed to take my kids with me

Answers (3)

179 votes

You have all rights to take your kid to your mAternal home and they can not prevent u u being mother are natural guardian of the minor and if you living separately u can akeep children with u and not allow husband to meet unless with court order
File for domestic violence if not residng separate seek prohibitory orders against husband and also maintaianace for ur self and children plus house rent etc

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

227 votes

Yes your kids will definitely get you.
Once your husband and in laws doing Domestic Violence by not allowing to take your kids with you forthwith file a Domestic Violence Case against your husband and in laws for Custody of your Children. Or else you may file Case for Custody in Family Court even.
Don't worry during the pendency of case nobody can avoid access of your children

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
170 votes

Yes it is allowed to take your kids with you. A mother is a natural guardian till a child attains 5 years of age so you can take your younger child without any objection. For elder one you can file a police complaint while still residing at your in-laws place.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles