Want to escape from mentally and physically harassing parents.

In Child Custody Law
can i legally leave or ran away from my home?? I'm a 19 years old girl and my parents forces me for everything from minor to major and beats me for no reason and continuously fights with each other every day. What documents should i carry and point to remind before i leave. Thank you.

Answers (2)

234 votes

Yes you can leave your home. You are now major and you have right to decide any of the decision in your personal capacity so you may leave it any time. There are no any requirement to inform your family member. You take all your proof like birth certificate. Educational certificate identity proof or any of the proof so that you can not to returned to home for collect it.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

238 votes

Dear,I do not understand why you want to implement such actions I agree that your parents are crude, as per your information but try to rectify the problems sittings with them or involve your relatives to know the realities and solve the problems then only you go ahead

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles