Shared Parenting & Mutual Divorce.....

In Child Custody Law
I am keen to understand the pointers for shared parenting . Me and my wife could come to a mutual settlement for divorce. Right now the child is with mother, however i have a strong bond with the child, we go out, spend a lot of time together. recently also went for an international trip together. The age of the child right now is 4.5 years. He will turn 5 years in April. I am keen to understand from the experts the various options of shared parenting. She is willing to go ahead for Mutual Divorce. I need assistance for pointers for mutual divorce and shared parenting

Answers (2)

197 votes

First of all, it seems that both of you have strong bounding with your son. Try for patch up, atleast for child. He will enjoy the company of both brother. But if she is not at all ready to cohabit with you, then both of you can move further Petition for mutual Divorce under section 13(B). Go with writing with terms and conditions as how you will schedule out time for child. You both can divide time duration as per the sweet will and understanding of both of you. Once again i will repeat come together for the good future of child.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

79 votes


shared parenting depends on where both parents reside in the same vicinity then only it is practical to have shared parenting of the child where his/her education and other activities are not hampered.

if it is positive then you can include clause in the mutual consent petition regarding the same

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles