Remedy in case husband forcefully getting British citizenship of son

I am and indian married in india to a P.I.O holding a british passport. Now in UK on a dependent visa. A child is recently born to us and my husband is making a british passport unilaterally for our child forctravek to India on a visa for short stay. However I do not want to return to UK with the child permanently. What is the legal remedy. 

Answers (1)

212 votes

Since i am unaware of your marital relationship with your husband and/ or your views on the future of your marriage, i am telling you both the options which are available to you. The first one is to obviously speak to your husband and with his consensus stay back in India. Second one, if you do not see any future in your marriage, stay back in India with your child under any guise, send your husband back and thereafter move the Courts in India for Divorce/ Judicial Separation along with custody as an ancillary relief.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles