×

quesProcedure to take legal custody of a minor son after wife's death

My Brother got married in 2014 and he has a male kid of 3 yrs old. Last year his wife commited suicide due to some personal issues she had it before marriage. Her parents force fully taken the 3yr kid and kept the kid with them without my brother's interest. My brother wants to take care of his 3yr old son but her parents are not allowing him to do. Please let us know all the legal possibilities for my brother to keep his son with him

• ansIt has to be seen under what circumstances the in laws have detained the child. It is not unlawful, still, the father has to establish before the court of law that he can invest him time towards the interest and welfare of the child.

Advocate Rajaganapathy

Tambaram, Chennai

• ansHello Madam,
    Your brother is the natural guardian of the child and your brother has every right to have the custody of the child. Your brother can file a petition for the custody of the child against his in-laws. Your brother has cent percent chance to win it too.

Advocate M. Dheenadhayalan

404, Thevar Complex, 153, Coimbatore