Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Procedure to get guardianship for friend's child till he gets divorce

I wanted to be a guardian for my friend's child who's divorce case is in court, so till my friend he could get the transfer to my city as the child is studying here and his father is in Chennai. Is there any legal procedure to be followed

Answers (1)


In the hierarchy of guardian ship, the mother will in the first stage and father will be in the secodn stage There after child grand parents get right.

Here you are friend, If you guardian ship is not objected by the parents then only you are permitted.

As per hierarchy, the rights on the child will be decided.

Apart from that the divorce case is still pending. Apart from that the guardian ship will order to the natural guardian as per hierarchy. So case can be transferred as per your requirements.

Only if the other person i.e next guardians to the child given no objection then only you will get right.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience
Advocate Kiran Ashri
Sector 56, Gurgaon
10 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Hi sir m unmarried stayed with one boy in live-in relation for last 6 years and had a baby girl who is just 3 months old .now he ran away not ready to…

Read More

I already filed the child custody case which is Court my wife is working for SBI she is working with some other branch outside Tamil Nadu but she left…

Read More

meri wife ne mujhe bina bataye bimari ka natak krke mere papa ke sath mayke chali gai meri 1.5 sal ki baby girl he..maine ghar vapas aane k bad use co…

Read More

Hi! My self ..need ur valuable advice in child custody...my elder brother having 4yr boy from a lady , documentaly they r not married ,brother was dev…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue