Procedure to get child custody & visitation rights quickly from court

Hi, Can I please get some advise on how to proceed with child custody and what are the documents needed as per the current court process to file for child custody and to obtain visition rights quickly feom the court. Me and my wife are separayed for 8 months now and she is not allowing me to meet my kid.

Answers (3)

83 votes

If the child is residing with your wife for over a long period then u have to file child customs in tht place where the child is ordinarily residing .
All your address proof to establish your residence
And if the child was going to school at your residence,, then all docs pertaining to school ..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

240 votes

Hi you will have to file a Petition under Guardian and wards act before the jurisdictional Family Court and later on the Court will decide upon the visitation rights and the custody of the child.

Thank YOu.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
345 votes


As you stated, if the child is below the age of 6 years, then as per law it should be with the mother and the father will get visitation right. To file the case, marriage proof, residential proof and child birth certificate if you have.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles