Possibility of getting child custody of 4 year old child by father

what is the possibilities of getting custody of minor kid 4.6. Her mother left her 1 yr back and she is not in touch . I am taking her of education and upbringing. She is with my mother .

Answers (1)

Normally the custody of child below 5 years is given to mother but if you can prove that you are capable of looking after the child better then her mother the custody can be given to father, further there are many supreme court judgements which have held that welfare of child is more important then provisions of law. Hence there are chances that you can get custody even if child is below 5 years.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Wife had file for divorce under 13-1(ia) & (ib) at patiala house. i had never ever attended a single hearing or filed W/S despite of fact that i c…

Read More

My wife has cheated me after marriage. For sake of simple quarrel She has wantedly made it big and she has gone to her parents house along with my onl…

Read More

Dear sir, Me and my wife are living seperate with out any divorce. My 6yrs old son also with his mom. She is not allowing me to see child. How to figh…

Read More

I am,a mother of child who,is 4 yrs old my inlaws and husband had deserted me ever since i was pregnant, its benn more than,4 years now, i already hav…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue