Mother's right to custody of 5 year child as husband force settlement

04-Apr-2023 (In Child Custody Law)
 my son is 5 years old and he has been with me since childhood. Now my husband is forcing me for settlement but I don't want. I'm worried about my child custody. Can it be given to him?
Answers (4)

Answer #1
531 votes
In mutual settlement the issue of child custody is amicably settled between parties where one party can hold physical custody of the minor child for reasonable longer period while other party has right to visit and keep child for fixed and agreed period of time.
The settlement of other issues like permanent alimony and maintenance , maintenance for child, issues like division of jointly held immovable property and cash etc and divorce by mutual consent etc get resolved. All terms and conditions should be done with help of senior and experienced lawyer in written format to be used in future by both parties as and when required.
Answer #2
664 votes
While deciding the custody of a child, the Court used to examine minutely each & every auspect affecting the child's emotion, his/her health, education and other caring need. In case you have sufficient means to take care of the needs of the child,the custody of child would remains with you
Answer #3
544 votes
No at all. He cannot snatch or take legal custody. (1) wish of the child, if he is mentally capable to understand what is good or bad for him, along with his welfare, is of paramount consideration, (2) Courts/State is Parens patriae of the child. So don't worry if your child wishes to stay with you, and be happy...
Answer #4
753 votes
No need to worry. Child will be with u if u want to keep within. It’s on u It’s clear in guardianship act. There are lot of legal remidies for u. Don’t worry at all.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."