Is there any law that girl child has to stay with mother and father

Is their any law that Girl child has to stay couple of days with mother and couple of days with father in Child custody law. I heard about rights of visiting hours. I got married in Christianity in 2012 but got separated becoz of abuse ad physical torture. Frm 4 yrs i took complete care of my child both physically an financially. Please help me out. I don't want to send her to in laws home.

Answers (2)

347 votes


there is rule that the child under the age pf 5 should be under the care of mothere. There after it is the left to the child to stay with its desire person

There is no law that child should be in certain time with father and certain time with mother.

if it was accepted by any written form, the it should be followed.

i hope there is nothing like that.

in case if there is a force you can take injunction for that kind of condition.

please contact me if further help required

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

319 votes

So far as the Custody of the child is concerned there is no fixed formula . Prima facie consideration is the welfare of the child. Family background and financial status are major factors in deciding the issue of custody.
Normally in the case of a boy or an unmarried girl—the father, and after him, the mother, provided that the custody of a minor who has not completed the age of five years shall ordinarily be with the mother.
It is advised to discuss all the issues with the counsel and then take appropriate decision.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles