Husband is torturing wife wants to file for divorce and child custody

My sisters is regularly mentally tortured by her husband and in laws for money .every time threatened for murder by her sister have a boy child of 4 year old .what can she do now for divorce and child custody.please help my sister.she is now with her husband in their home and her husband working in Jemco prvt company in jamshedpur,jharkhand . Please suggest my sister how can she get divorce and child custody. Thank you

Answers (2)

208 votes

As per ur case u have to go to S.P OFFICE RELATING THE CASE. FILE A FIR IN LOCAL POLICE STATION WHERE UR SISTER IS PRESENTLY RESIDING. As per criminal law u can file case against ur sister husband and also claim custody of child

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

300 votes

Have gone through your query it seems your sister has been facing mental and physical abuse of great extent
Therefore I suggest your sister to file a complaint case in the CJM against mental cruelty and domestic violence at the same time ask her to file a divorce case in the family court stating the reason of mental cruelty and physical abuse (domestic violence)
The Child is generally handed over to mother till she doesnt marry another man and your sister can claim maintenance under section 125 of Crpc after divorce and she will be maintained by the certain salary percentage of the husband.
Best of Luck

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Myself is a senior bank professional(42 yrs) father of two minor kids male( 8years) and female ( 15years) Recently, we got divorced on mutual consent.…

Read More

We belong to sikh my elder brother is married 3 years ago and they have one boy child whoch is 2.5 yrs old.from last one year there were dis…

Read More

As per HMA I have been paid maintenance of Rs 5000 PM as decided by Session court. To increase the maintenance opponent went to high court where court…

Read More

if husbund is died and his wife do second marriage . chaild is 4 years old so custody going to be child granparents or not?…

Read More