Husband & in law's visitation rights causing harassment to the child

I got khula in march 2017 from islamic court. I have a 1.5 years old son who is under my custody until 7 years age. The islamic court granted the father and his 2 relatives visitation rights. Since then his father has come with his mom nd sister to visit 3 times till now. My son always cries incessently when they take him. My uncle takes him from me and gives them in the hall. When he cries my uncle brings him back to me. Then again they keep asking him and again he cries. This keeps going on for 4 times per visit. The thing is even when he is crying these people take pictures of him with flash harassing him. And the father never shows enthusiasm to meet my son. He doesnt pick the child first. Neither of them call my son by any name. They call tch tch and make sounds from their mouth like calling animal. Another thing is they always want us to agree to their date and time of meeting which is disturbing me and family. Please advice how can i stop his visitation rights.

Answers (2)

281 votes

Unfortunately for you, even if the custody of the child is with you, access has to be provided. So per se there is no step which you can take to stop visitation. However, what you can do is start recording these visitation sessions, maintain a diary if required of the number of visitations etc. This will help you in the long run when your son refuses to go to his father for access and you can show to the Court that you have no hand to play in your son's refusal. However record the access secretly. Hope this helps.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

329 votes

The act committed by your inlaws is likewise of domestic violence and it directly affect to the minor child and to you so definitely you have to take an action against them as well as we can prohibit them to do so

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles