How to get my child custody from my father in law

In Child Custody Law
Sir, I am falsely implicated in case 304B by my father in law. And they have taken my child who is one and half year old can I get my custody I have my mother to take care of my child. Please guide me

Answers (2)

247 votes
Yes in this case file a case for divorce and application under section 26 of hindu marriage act in the divorce petition and ask for custody, further contest the 304B matter and till the custody of child is decided take interim orders for visiting and meeting your child once a week.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


177 votes
Hi.... Your already booked under 304 b offence and your child is very small in this condition court will not normally give the custody of the child to you or your family members. Court will take in to consider action of child first.
Thank you

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."