How to deal with cheque bounce

In Child Custody Law
If someone is giving me a cheque but no money is available in the a/c so wht should i do ?? Please reply me as soon as possible.

Answers (3)

222 votes

Dear Sir/Madam ,

Under negotiable instrument act 138 you can file a criminal case against any person who issue an instrument and donot honour it beside criminal there are civil remedy avaliable under law,

You need to send legal notice to the drawer of the cheque within 30 days of receipt of memo for cheque bounced.
then wait for the reply from the other party for 15 days and after expiry of 15 days you can file the case with the concern court within 30 days of expiry of such period.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

202 votes

Deposit the cheque in your account and get it dishonoured. Give notice u/s.138 and after waiting for statutory period file complaint u/s. 138 of negotiable instruments act before magistrate court having jurisdiction

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience
71 votes

Accept the cheque for your dues from that person, duly signed ,for the current date drawn in favour of you and then deposite the said cheuqe in your account and if not cleare in the due time send notice for the dues and after 45 days of your notice date if money is not given to you you can file case against him for your legal dues U/S-138 N.I.Act

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles