How can I get custody of my daughter

In Child Custody Law
I got married in Christianity in 2012 but got separated becoz of abuse ad physical torture. After getting separated i got conceived ad now i have 4 yrs Girl child. Frm 4 yrs i took complete care of my child both physically an financially. i want to know about girls child custody laws. Help me i don't want to lose my only hope n my life my child. Is their any law that Girl child has to stay couple of days with mother and couple of days with father in Child custody law. I heard about rights of visiting hours. Can u help me out.

Answers (1)

137 votes

You can claim custody of the child under Hindu Minority Act and guardianship act 1956.As per the said Act custody of a child up to 6 years stays with mother however after examining the paramount welfare interest of the child custody of the child can be given to father

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles