how can i get custody of my Child?

sir me and my wife are living separately. i am in Coimbatore and my wife in Karantaka. and my son is staying in AP maternal home of my wife. as i want to have the custody of my child. where should i file the case for custody.

Answers (1)

80 votes

You are required to file custody case under Guardianship   ward Act read with Hindu minority act at AP matrimonial court where the child is residing.

You can also file an application under section 12 of the Act for seeking temporary custody of your child

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles