how can i get custody of my Child?

my wife has left me with my kid of 2 year. i want the custody of my child. how can i proceed in it? please guide me. and we are married for 3 years

Answers (1)

316 votes

As per the Section 6 of the the Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act, 1956, father is the natural guardian of the child, however till the age of 5 years the custody remains with mother . But  this to, depends on the paramount welfare interest of the child and in most of the cases,  courts have granted custody to the father.

We suggest that you file a case of custody under Guardianship Ward Act 1890 and the Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act, 1956 along with which also file an application for temporary custody.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles