How can I fully enjoy my visitation rights over my child?

In the mutual papers it is not mentioned regarding time or venue to see the child... Now they are allowing only few hours with my child nd not letting to take him home with me...he is 3.5 yrs old.. I just need to take him with me for sometime.. Is there any provision..please advice..

Answers (2)

228 votes

Firstly custody differ according to your religion.In case of Hindu religion legal custody vest with mother and in case of Muslim religion legal custody with father. As in your case as the child is very small custody is always preferred with mother but father has the right to visit and spend time and that can be discussed with your spouse and if they r not allowing it you can approach crt for the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

332 votes

You have to approach the family court with a petition under the guardian and wards act. There you can call for and settle with your spouse as to the time, venue etc. Also you can suggest 1 or 2 days in a week with you, depending on the circumstances of the case

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles