How can I claim for my child's custody who is living with my parents

I am a separated hindu woman. I am in separation for last 5 years. My son is 5 years old. He is living with my parents from he is 5 months old. I don't live with my parents. Now I want to bring my son to me but my parents refuse to give him to me. They have very good connection with my ex husband and obey all his words. Now please suggest me a legal way to get my child back. I am helpless, please help.

Answers (1)

You will have to file custody case in court but you have not specified the reason why you left your 5 month baby with your parents. This will be a reason that court will be reluctant to give the custody of the child to you. Who has been maintaining the child's expenses. all this will be a factor to decide.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

hi wanted to ask if child custody with mother & mother will remarriage with other person then what will be the child name…

Read More

Hello sir My husband had illigal relation with his younger brothers wife() since one year. I tell this to my husband's mother, husband() also &nbs…

Read More

I am interested to know and understand if adopting a child directly from the biological parents with their wish is legal. If yes, what is the procedur…

Read More

i was widow and get married again.Now i want to know whether i have rights to study or take care of my kid,plz suggest me i do not want property .i ne…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue