habeas Corpus filed by ex husband

Me and my children returned back to India last year. My husband took ex parte divorce last year and has filed the Hansa’s corpus to take the kids back to his country. All three of us, ma and my children are Indian citizens and kids are 13 and 7 respectively. Can they still be forced by the court to appear in the courts abroad? The kids do not want to go back . Please advice

Answers (1)

243 votes

Hello ma'am. I have perused your query. As per decisions of the Apex Court, a remedy of habeas corpus cannot be invoked in child custody matters. In case you wish to discuss the matter in more detail please feel free to reach out to me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles