Father to apply for child custody of 6+ years old

In Child Custody Law
I would like to file for child custody of 6+ years old child who is currently living in the UK and moving to India at Ghaziabad/NCR region. I am the biological father and we have been divorced here in the UK and would be looking to move permanently to the Delhi NCR region. I would like to know do you deal with cases like this and what is the success ratio. And can you please describe the procedure of how you are going to do this? Thirdly an estimated cost from filing the application to getting the custody of the child. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Answers (2)

126 votes

So, you can file a case for custody where your child ordinary resides.

You can show a good parenting plan in court for the better future of the child. In parenting plan you can show how you can put yours efforts in maintaining the child, how you can contribute to his education, to his development.

Just ask for visitation rights in starting, then once the child feel comfortable with you ask for a day out with the child, then go for a overnight stay with the child and at last the custody .

By showing a good parenting plan help you in getting all these rights.
Because in the last the court has to consider the best for the child . The Paramount consideration in child custody matters are the welfare of the child

Aman Chawla

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

313 votes

hello aditya
yes we can file the child.custody in Delhi NCR region as your saying that your divorce is been finalised in UK only but now both of you are permanently shifting to gaziabad Delhi NCR .we can handle you case as well for cost and full.procedure kindly talk to us on call thanks .it is for sure you application will be filled.thanks

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles