Ex wife has taken the custody of our daughter without my consent

I am a Hindu.my ex wife has taken the custody of our daughter without my consent or from the court. Now she spends extravagantly ( without my knowledge and consent) claiming the money is being spent for our daughter. She also is now claiming that I should pay for all the expenses she is making. Am I liable to pay for the same?

Answers (3)

You can file application for child custody for proper education and nutrition other wise you are liable to pay if with out contest you have accepted the custody of you child before the wife you are legally bound to pay

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Under Hindu Minority & Guardianship Act, 1956..
Section 6. Natural guardians of a Hindu minor.-
The natural guardians of a Hindu, minor, in respect of the minor’s person as well as in respect of the minor’s property (excluding his or her undivided interest in joint family property), are –
(a) in the case of a boy or an unmarried girl—the father, and after him, the mother: provided that the custody of a minor who has not completed the age of five years shall ordinarily be with the mother;

but go through ROXANN SHARMA judgment of Supreme court (Arising out of SLP © No. 31615 of 2014).
You can pay the school fee directly in school. If she has filed cases against you under 125 Crpc.
you have given very less details so as I can inform you.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

First of all you have disclose about the age of your minor daughter and whether legally divorce in between you and your ex-wife has completed or not. And if your daughter's age exceeds to 5 years then you have the legal right to take your daughter to custody of yourself according to Guardianship Act. (your wife can claim for maintenance if she is unable to maintain herself. )Thank You.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I am divorced & have been paying INR6000 p.m to my daughter who is now 18 years & not living nor speaking to me . I am re married to a widow a…

Read More

a child arrested under ipc 308 506 323. what is procedure for bail?? can this ipc 308 will remove if supplementry report is normal if yes plz give som…

Read More

I have 2 kids aged 5 and 3 and both are USA citizens. My wife brought them to India without my notice and I have Usa permanent child custody both lega…

Read More

Staying separately with my parents with 1 year old daughter due to wild behavior of husband, but my husband comes frequently and takes my daughter for…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue