Custody of child after divorce

If I file a divorce case against my husband for domestic violence then can I get custody of my 9 years old child as he don't want to live with his father because he never treat him good?

Answers (1)

244 votes

As per ur case u have to apply for a adoption in family court and divorce case also in the same court. As per I'll treatment by husband against you make ground for divorce clear. For adoption of ur child u have to apply in family court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I had a verbal disagreement with my wife and she called her mother and brother at home. the next date they took her and my child forcibly. i objected …

Read More

i want to divorce. because of my wife and her sister creating family violence . biting my parents.…

Read More

IChild was living with grand mother since birth . mother has taken the child forcibly by police I want to take the child for a holiday but the mother …

Read More

my wife has been taken my both chidren a 12 years and 4 years for 8 months . she refuse s to meet my children and alow to see . i have focus on my you…

Read More