Clarification n procedure to obtain child custody of granddaughter

Being a grandfather, I want to keep my granddaughter (age 5+ years), after the death of my son, her mother(My daughter in law) has got married and wants my granddaughter to remain with her maternal grandfather. Please me Tell me how I can keep my granddaughter with myself.

Answers (1)

93 votes

Dear client,
The mother usually gets custody of minor child . But if the mother has married some one else , in this situation the court gives their decision on child custody based on various aspects that deal with the welfare of child.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles